Some Things Worth Checking Out 2
Below are some things I have read this week that caught my eye, my ear, or my heart. Give a click and maybe they will yours also.
- Kevin Weatherby, my cowboy pastor friend says, “There is nothing wrong with just being a cowboy for Christ. I don’t have to be a rancher for Christ to be someone important to God. The Lord has put you in a place for a reason.” Read more…
- Nolan Bobbitt wrote a post called Pleasing Insiders or Reaching Outsiders? as a take-off on a statement from Perry Noble, “You are going to have to choose whether or not you want to please insiders or reach outsiders…you cannot do both.”
- Kevin DeYoung tries his hand at a Screwtape Letter, the C.S. Lewis inspired form of address where you write like you’re one of the bad guys. In it he deals with the issues new college students will face and the danger of falling out of church. Pass it on your friends and children. Churchless Christians are on their way to being no Christian at all.
- Chris Branscome at The Prayer Experiment wrote a series this week on How Jesus Prayed. He says, “Focused time alone with Him gives us room to see His intrinsic worth, glory, and majesty, instead of only seeing Him within the context of what He can do for us. We remember that His love for us is not based on who we are or what we can do for Him or others, but based only on the fact that He is love, and that we have done and can do nothing to earn His infinite affections.”
- Randy Alcorn shares the moving story of how his Eternal Perspectives Ministries got started. He says, “God didn't die and leave this earth to you and me. He still owns it. The more I thought about it, the more real it became. Once I owned nothing legally, this became clear. I realized that the house that might be taken from us belonged to God, not to us. Why worry about what belongs to God? He could do fine without our house, and we knew He'd give us someplace else to live.” Great testimony! Read part 1 and part 2.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.