Monday, May 3, 2010

Spiritual Health Exam #2 – Do I Walk in the Truth?

When is the last time you went to the doctor for a check-up? How about going to God for a spiritual check-up? Psalm 26 is a great passage of scripture that we can use as a spiritual health exam. David writes in verse 2, “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart” (Ps. 26:2 NKJV).


Today’s test: God’s Word— Do I Walk in the Truth?

In verse 3 David writes, “…I have walked in Your truth.” To walk in the truth we must first know the truth of God’s word. We must spend time to daily read and mediate on the truth of the word of God. But the truth will only make a difference in our life when we “walk” in it—in other words, we DO IT. “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves” (James 1:22 NKJV).

So ask yourself and be honest with yourself and with God:  
  • Do I read my Bible every day?
  • Am I expecting the Holy Spirit to lead me into the truth?
  • Will I walk in (ie. obey) the truth I have learned today?

Here’s today’s spiritual prescription:
Let these verses of scripture speak to you today. Put them to work in your life. Begin to walk in the truth:

Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. (Psa 25:5 NKJV)

I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth From the great assembly. (Psa 40:10 NKJV)

Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your tabernacle. (Psa 43:3 NKJV)

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. (Psa 51:6 NKJV)

Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psa 86:11 NKJV)

I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me. (Psa 119:30 NKJV)

The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. (Psa 119:160 NKJV)

I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. (Psa 138:2 NKJV)

Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart, (Prov 3:3 NKJV)

"But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." (John 3:21 NKJV)

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32 NKJV)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6 NKJV)

"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." (John 16:13 NKJV)

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." (John 17:17 NKJV)

Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. (2 Cor 4:2 NIV)

You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? (Gal 5:7 NKJV)

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, (Eph 1:13 NKJV)

but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head; Christ; (Eph 4:15 NKJV)

Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another. (Eph 4:25 NKJV)

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, (2 Th 2:13 NKJV)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (3 John 1:4 NKJV)

 

1 comment:

  1. ! - What is popular is not always "Truth."

    What is "Truth" is not always popular.


    2 - When you believe the lie,

    you start to die.


    3 - If it lifts up "Jesus"... it's probably a "Truth"

    If it lifts up "man"... It's probably a "deception."


    4 - ... Every one that is of the "truth" heareth my voice.
    John 18:37

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this post.